The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) on Wednesday confirmed that all-rounder, Ben Stokes, will miss the remainder of the ongoing Test series against Pakistan. Stokes suffered a calf injury during England’s 330-run win in the second Test at Old Trafford.
He was replaced by Steven Finn in the third Test at Edgbaston, which started on Wednesday.
Stokes’s latest injury means he won’t complete a Test match in the 2016 English season after a knee injury cut short his participation in the series opener against Sri Lanka at Headingley in May.
However, an England spokesman said Stokes would “work towards being available for selection” for the ODI series against Pakistan which starts on August 24.
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24: Tamil Nadu beats Punjab, qualifies for quarterfinals for first time in 7 years
- Japan’s Ito sues accusers over sexual assault claim
- Underdogs New Zealand vows to fight in T20 series with Australia
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24: Wadhera ton keeps Punjab alive after Tamil Nadu enforces follow-on
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24: ‘Want to focus on my work ethic,’ says TN’s Vijay Shankar after century