Former India speedster Atul Wassan returns to the Ferozeshah Kotla as chairman of the senior selection committee. He will have Anil Bhardwaj and Vineet Jain as his co-selectors. The 51-year-old Wassan was head of the selection committee for the 2017-18 season when Delhi finished runner-up in the Ranji Trophy.
Bhardwaj, 65, played 40 matches for Orissa from 1975 to 1987, aggregating 1624 runs. Jain, a medium-pacer, played first-class cricket for Haryana and Tripura in a career lasting from 1993 to 2008.
Incidentally, Wassan was among Jain’s five wickets when the latter made his Ranji debut against Delhi at the Ferozeshah Kotla.
- WPL 2024: All-round show helps Delhi Capitals thrash UP Warriorz by nine wickets for season’s first win
- Hard work, determination and a bit of kismet: For RCB’s Asha Sobhana, WPL is just the start
- Indian sports wrap, February 26
- NBA: Clippers unveil new uniforms, logo for next season
- Bayern Munich signs Max Eberl as sporting director