When the Northeast zone team participates in the Duleep Trophy next month, the team will comprise only local players.
Featuring in the prestigious tournament for the first time as a zone, the northeast selectors decided to go ahead with 15 home-grown talents and not keep any of the guest cricketers, who usually play for the teams in the Ranji Trophy and other tournaments, in the squad.
“The meeting of the selectors and office-bearers was very cordial and everyone expressed their suggestion and opinion. A matured decision was taken by the house to select only local players for Duleep Trophy,” the convenor of the committee Lobzang Tenzing said in a statement.
While Jonathan Rongsen from Nagaland and Manipur’s Rajkumar Rex Singh are some of the key names in the squad, it also features Bishworjit Singh Konthoujam, Techi Doria among others.
The northeast teams have been playing the BCCI-accredited First-Class and List A tournaments since 2018.
NORTHEAST ZONE SQUAD
- Messi‘s Argentina picks 4 teenagers for friendlies in US
- CA chief Hockley denies reports Big Three ignored study to save Test cricket
- Ranji Trophy 2024 semifinals Live Score Updates: Mumbai pacers strike early to leave Tamil Nadu five down
- Paqueta recalled by Brazil for friendlies against England, Spain under new coach
- San Diego Open 2024: Top seed Jessica Pegula reaches semifinals