Ashutosh Sharma hit a half-century in 11 delivieries during Railways’ Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy game against Arunachal Pradesh in Ranchi to break the record for the fastest fifty by an Indian batter in T20s.
Ashutosh broke Yuvraj Singh’s 16-year-old record of a 12-ball fifty which he scored against England in Durban. Ashutosh’s 11-ball fifty was the second-fastest in T20s behind Nepal’s Dipendra Singh Airee.
The third Indian on the list is Yashasvi Jaiswal who hit a 13-ball fifty for Rajasthan Royals during the Indian Premier League in 2023.
Upendra Yadav scored an unbeaten 51-ball 103 in the same innings to take the team’s total to 246/5. Yadav and Ashutosh added 96 runs for the fifth wicket in just 24 deliveries.
- IND vs ENG Live Score Updates, 4th Test Day 4: IND 121/5, 71 runs to win; Jadeja, Sarfaraz fall in one over
- Ranji Trophy Live Score, Day 4 Quarterfinal updates: MP beats Andhra by 4 runs; Karnataka makes comeback vs Vidarbha
- NBA roundup: Pacers snap Mavs’ 7-game win streak
- Klopp puts faith in kids to win ‘most special’ trophy of his career
- Gujarat Giants vs Mumbai Indians Highlights, WPL 2024: Harmanpreet Kaur seals five-wicket win with a six