Chasing a target of 372 against Uttar Pradesh, Saurashtra ended day four of the Ranji Trophy quarterfinal at 195 for the loss of two wickets at the Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee International Cricket Stadium in Lucknow.
It needs 177 more runs to win with eight wickets in hand.
Saurashtra had a comeback of sorts once it restricted the host to 194 in their second innings. Akshdeep Nath-led UP still managed a healthy lead of 371 runs owing to their first innings total.
Saurashtra openers Harvik Desai (83 not out) and Snell Patel (72) stitched a 132-run opening stand that set the tone for the chase.
Pacer Shivam Mavi got rid of the dangerous Patel in the 44th over.
Vishvaraj Jadeja looked good (35) before Nath rose to the occasion with the ball to dismiss the right-hander.
On day five, all eyes will be on India international Cheteshwar Pujara, who is yet to bat in the second innings. He fell for 11 in the first.
Brief scores: Saurashtra 208 & 195/2 (H Desai 83 not out, S Patel 72; S Mavi 1/60); UP 385 & 194 (M Saif 48; D Jadeja 4/53.
Latest on Sportstar
- BCCI president Binny distances himself from 83’ World Cup-winning team’s statement on wrestlers’ protest
- Nadal having hip muscle surgery says representative
- Diamond League: Faith Kipyegon breaks women’s 1500m world record
- Diamond League: Aboobacker finishes sixth in men’s triple jump
- Kvaratskhelia named Serie A player of the year after helping Napoli to title