England has named uncapped seamer Ollie Robinson in its 14-man squad to replace all-rounder Ben Stokes for the second Test against Pakistan starting on Thursday, the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) said on Wednesday.
Stokes has been ruled out of the remaining two games of the three-match series at the Ageas Bowl in Southampton for family reasons and the ECB said he would shortly fly to New Zealand, the country of his birth.
Sussex paceman Robinson, 26, made his first-class debut in 2015 and has played 57 matches in the format.
England sealed an unlikely three-wicket victory in the first Test after slumping to 117-5 at one point in its chase of 277 to take a 1-0 lead in the series.
- Punjab’s sports policy unparalleled in the country, says Sports Minister Gurmeet Singh Meet Hayer
- Uday Saharan wins Emerging Hero award at the Sportstar ‘Focus Punjab’ Conclave
- Brigadier Harcharan Singh honoured with Sportstar Hero Unsung Champion award at ‘Focus Punjab’ Sports Conclave
- San Diego Open: Vekic, Yastremska advance to second round
- WPL 2024: Struggling UP Warriorz eyes comeback against dominant Mumbai Indians