England batsman Joe Denly has been ruled out of the Royal London Series against Ireland after suffering back spasms in training, the England and Wales Cricket Board (EC6B) said on Friday.
Lancashire’s Liam Livingstone has replaced the 34-year-old in the 14-man squad for the remaining two ODIs.
“Joe Denly has been ruled out the Royal London Series against Ireland after suffering back spasms in training on Wednesday. The Kent batsman has been replaced in the 14-man England ODI squad by Lancashire’s Liam Livingstone,” the ECB said in a statement.
Livingstone has represented England in two T20s and will make his ODI debut if selected in the playing XI in one of the final two matches.
England won the opening match by six wickets. The three-ODI series is being held behind closed doors in a bio-secure environment at the Ageas Bowl.
The second ODI will be played on Saturday, followed by the final match on Tuesday.
Latest on Sportstar
- WTC Final LIVE Score, IND vs AUS Day 1: Toss, Playing XI soon; Rohit to play 50th Test for India at Oval; Weather, Dream11 team
- IND vs AUS WTC Final, London weather update LIVE: Will it rain on Day 1 at the Oval during India vs Australia?
- Who is Scott Boland? The Australian pacer with record Test average
- Moeen Ali comes out of Test retirement for Ashes 2023
- WTC Final 2023: Oval pitch report; India, Australia playing record; key stats