South Africa batter Heinrich Klaasen smashed a record-breaking 174 off just 83 deliveries against Australia in the fourth ODI at the SuperSport Park in Centurion on Friday.
Klaasen’s 174, comprising 13 sixes and as many fours, set the record for the highest score by a number five batter in ODI cricket as South Africa posted a mammoth 416 for five in 50 overs after being sent into bat.
Australia, leading the series 2-1, had reduced the host to 194 for four in 34.1 overs before Klaasen and David Miller joined for a destructive partnership. Klaasen cruised through to a 57-ball hundred before switching gears in the company of Miller, who finished unbeaten on 82 off 45 deliveries.
The duo were particularly abrasive on leg-spinner Adam Zampa, who ended up with figures of none for 113 in 10 overs - the joint-worst ODI bowling figures ever.
- ISL 2023-24: Chennaiyin hopes to break duck at home against newly-promoted Punjab
- Australia vs New Zealand LIVE Score, World Cup 2023: NZ 306/6 (42 overs); Ravindra departs on 116
- Netherlands vs Bangladesh Live Score, ICC World Cup 2023: BAN needs 230 runs to win vs NED
- ODI World Cup 2023: England batsmen need to take the right options, says coach Trescothick ahead of India clash
- Barcelona vs Real Madrid, El Clasico Live streaming info: La Liga 2023-24, When, where to watch; Predicted XI