Former India players V. V. S. Laxman and Mohammad Azharuddin, and women cricketers Rajini Venugopal and Vidya Yadav are members of a steering committee formed by the Cricket Players Association of Hyderabad (men and women) at the Gymkhana ground here on Saturday.
The committee, according to Laxman, would aid in forming a players’ association and help resolve the present situation at the Hyderabad Cricket Association (HCA) — selections of two teams, appointment of coaches and the representatives of players in the Apex Council.
“Based on the request sent by the players’ association to the Apex Council (August 17, 2018) for appointment of electoral officer, the apex council responded and agreed to appoint an electoral officer at the earliest. This was a positive sign in the formation of players’ association and the members also thanked the apex council of HCA for the same,” he said.
“Till such time the steering committee discusses the matter with the elected body of HCA no former players, men and women, will take the responsibility of a support staff, be part of any selection committee, be the players representative in the apex council and any such matters which may arise. The registration process was almost completed so that the players’ association will be ready with all documentation when the electoral officer is appointed, so that there is no delay in conducting the elections. The constitution of the players’ association was discussed and certain modification were suggested,” he said.
“The members appreciated the withdrawal of Arjun Yadav from the post of coach and the appointment of Kanwaljit Singh as the coach of Nagaland,” he said.
The steering committee is set to meet the members of the Apex council within two to three days.
- Satwik-Chirag, Prannoy keep medal hopes in sight
- India badminton squad for Asian Games 2023: Full teams for men and women
- Sri Lanka ODI World Cup 2023 squad announced: Hasaranga ruled out, Shanaka named captain
- IND vs PAK LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023, Men’s Volleyball: Pakistan wins second set vs India in 5th/6th classification match
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE Score, Hangzhou 2022 updates: India equestrian team wins gold, sailor Neha wins silver, Indian tennis results