Sri Lanka pacer Dilshan Madushanka claimed a five-wicket haul against India in the World Cup league match at the Wankhede Stadium on Thursday.
Madushanka removed set batter Shreyas Iyer on 82 in his last over of the spell to get his fifth wicket.
FOLLOW BLOG | INDIA VS SRI LANKA LIVE ACTION
He also became the highest wicket-taker with 18 wickets at the ongoing World Cup.
The 23-year-old became the fourth Sri Lankan after Ashantha de Mel, Chamida Vaas and Lasith Malinga to record a fifer in the ODI World Cup.
The left-arm pacer started with the scalp of Indian skipper Rohit Sharma on just the second delivery of the match. He bowled Rohit, who started the innings with a boundary.
He then removed Shabman Gill on 92 and Virat Kohli on 88 to induce more damage on India’s middle-order.
He finished the innings with the figures of 10-0-80-5.
Best Bowling Figures by Sri Lanka bowlers in ODI World Cup
- Odisha FC vs Mohun Bagan Highlights, OFC 0-0 MBSG, ISL 2023-24: Sadiku and Mauricio miss chances for both sides leaving it all square
- RCB vs UPW Live Score, WPL 2024: Warriorz win toss and chose to bowl first; eyes on Mandhana, Healy
- Bowl stump to stump: MP’s Anubhav shines with the ball against Andhra after following coach Pandit’s advice
- Ranji Trophy 2024 Quarterfinal: Musheer Khan hits maiden double century, puts Mumbai in command against Baroda
- IND vs ENG, 4th Test: Mhambrey surprised with variable bounce as India left tottering after second day