England and Pakistan will lock horns in the World Cup 2023 match at the Eden Gardens in Kolkata on Saturday.
For Pakistan to go beyond New Zealand in the points table, it needs to win by 287 or 288 runs if it bats first. If it bowls first, Pakistan needs to chase the target with 284 deliveries to spare.
FOLLOW BLOG | ENGLAND-vs-PAKISTAN LIVE ACTION
England: Jonny Bairstow, Dawid Malan, Joe Root, Ben Stokes, Harry Brook, Jos Buttler(w/c), Moeen Ali, Chris Woakes, David Willey, Gus Atkinson, Adil Rashid
Pakistan: Abdullah Shafique, Fakhar Zaman, Babar Azam(c), Mohammad Rizwan(w), Saud Shakeel, Iftikhar Ahmed, Agha Salman, Shadab Khan, Shaheen Afridi, Mohammad Wasim Jr, Haris Rauf
England won the toss and elected to bat first.
Here is the full qualification scenario explained for Pakistan and England.
PAKISTAN QUALIFICATION SCENARIO FOR WORLD CUP SEMIFINALS
If Pakistan bat first
If England bat first
ENGLAND CHAMPIONS TROPHY 2025 QUALIFICATION SCENARIO
- Win against Pakistan would take England to 6 points.
- Hope either Bangladesh or Netherlands loses their last league match.
- England’s NRR will go below Bangladesh if it loses to Pakistan with a deficit of over 140 runs.
- Australia vs Bangladesh Live Score, World Cup 2023: Marsh hits 50 as AUS crosses 100; AUS 103/1 (16)
- England vs Pakistan LIVE Score, World Cup 2023: ENG 134/2 (24); Root, Stokes look to rebuild after Pakistan gets quick breakthrough
- ENG vs PAK qualification scenarios: How can Pakistan reach World Cup semifinal; England Champions Trophy chances explained
- ODI World Cup 2023: India aims to maintain unbeaten streak, takes on the Netherlands in last league game
- Dhiraj Bommadevara secures India’s first archery Paris Olympics 2024 quota, wins silver in Asian Continental Qualifier Tournament