Sanju Samson will lead India A for the three one-dayers against New Zealand A in Chennai from September 22. The squad also comprises Prithvi Shaw, Abhimanyu Easwaran, Rahul Tripathi and Rajat Patidar.
Among the youngsters, Tilak Verma has made the cut, along with bowling all-rounder Raj Angad Bawa, who was a member of India’s U-19 World Cup-winning side. Bawa also featured in the Indian Premier League (IPL) for Punjab Kings. It will be a learning experience for Bawa as he will be getting a chance to be part of a pace bowling line-up, comprising Shardul Thakur, Kuldeep Sen, Umran Malik and Navdeep Saini.
The spin department comprises Kuldeep Yadav, Shahbaz Ahmed and Rahul Chahar.
Sanju, a wicketkeeper, was left out of India’s T20 World Cup squad as the selectors decided to pick Dinesh Karthik and Rishabh Pant instead.
The first one-dayer will be played on September 22, followed by the other two fixtures on September 25 and 27 respectively.
- F1: Worker killed at temporary Vegas Strip auto race grandstand construction site identified
- Bonding and blueprints: How Indian squash is relying on the world’s best for Asian Games campaign
- Sailing at Asian Games 2023: Neha Thakur wins Girls’ Dinghy- ILCA4 silver medal
- Mum or dad for tee? India’s Ashok has parental choice at Asian Games
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally, September 26 - LIVE - India remains 6th after Neha Thakur wins first medal in sailing; Divyansh-Ramita misses bronze in 10m air rifle mixed team