Former cricketers from across the globe showered praise on the Ajinkya Rahane-led side which on Tuesday scripted history at The Gabba. After going down in the first Test, India staged a thrilling comeback to beat Australia by three wickets against all odds in the final Test to take the series 2-1.
While former India opener Wasim Jaffer trolled the cricket pundits with his quirky takes, former South Africa skipper AB de Villiers was surprised to see the bench strength of Team India.
"What a Test match! The depth of Indian Cricket is scary. @RishabhPant17, sweet number 17. Well played young man. #testcricket at its very best," De Villiers tweeted.
Not only cricketers, even England footballer Harry Kane was thrilled to witness the historic Test series in Australia. "Unbelievable test series win by @BCCI! Every test match was exciting to watch! #IndiavsAustralia," Kane tweeted.
Former India cricketer Bishan Singh Bedi termed the Rahane-led side's heroics as the greatest comeback in the history of Indian cricket. "This will take a while to sink in..by far the Greatest come back in the history of Indn Crkt..@ajinkyarahane88 deserves kudos & lot more..fr keeping remarkable cool..& calculated manoeuvres on the field.. @ajinkyarahane88 reminds of #TigerPataudi at his best," Bedi tweeted.
Ex-England cricketer Michael Atherton too relished the game of Test cricket on Tuesday.
Former all-rounder Yuvraj Singh was feeling more proud than he had ever felt in life while playing for India.
"This win is going in history books! Young team beating an experienced Australian side I don't think I was so proud while I was playing for India #Unbelievable stuff #test cricket at it's best congratulations boys," Yuvraj tweeted.
The last time a visiting team came out triumphant from the Brisbane Cricket Ground was back in November 1988 when the mighty West Indian outfit under the leadership of Viv Richards thrashed Allan Border's team by 9 wickets.
- 2023 Vijay Hazare Trophy LIVE Score, Round 4: Baroda 54/4 in 167-run chase vs TN; Mumbai beats Pondicherry by 7 wickets; Saurashtra eyes big win vs Odisha
- IND vs AUS, 3rd T20I: With so much dew even 14 runs per over would have been chased, says Gaikwad defending Prasidh and co.
- India’s Ashwal Rai, Muthusamy urge home support during Volleyball Club World Championships 2023
- Barca has shown ‘winning mentality’ in Champions League, says Xavi
- Pakistan players told to put country before franchise leagues under new team director Hafeez