India downing Australia at its fortress, Gabba, to take the Test series 2-1, without its second line of pacemen and spinners and without its regular captain and star batsman Virat Kohli, was hailed by Sunil Joshi, India selector, as an “epic win”.
The former India all-rounder said, “I want to congratulate the team, the captain and the support staff for a heroic effort under very difficult circumstances when several key players were injured.”
Joshi added, “The win showed what a tremendous pool of young cricketers India has. Indian cricket now has outstanding depth.”
He said to bounce back from a disastrous first Test when the team was bowled out for 36 to winning the Test series and ambushing Australia in its bastion at the “Gabba showed the side’s fighting spirit and character.
“Indian cricket has a very bright future,” Joshi signed off.
- IPL 2024 Retention Day Live Updates: Full list of retained, released, traded players; KL Rahul stays at LSG; Hardik’s return to Mumbai Indians almost confirmed
- Djokovic: 'I take responsibility' for Serbia defeat
- China Masters 2023 final LIVE Score: Satwik-Chirag wins second game 21-18 to take match in final game vs World no. 1 Liang-Chang
- La Liga: Griezmann to the rescue as Atletico grab win against Mallorca
- Which players can make it to the India squad for AFC Asian Cup 2023?