Rohit Sharma is happy for Jasprit Bumrah, his colleague at Mumbai Indians. Bumrah, 23, has found a place in the Indian Test team for the tour of South Africa.
IND vs SL 1st ODI preview: India braces for Lankan challenge as Pandya returns
“It is a great boost for him to be part of the Test team. He is looking forward to it. For a while he was wanting to be the part of the Test team. It is all the reward for what he has done in the ODI format and the T20 format. And over the last year or so, how he has improved himself, on his bowling and fitness as well. It is a lesson for many cricketers that if you put in the hard yards, you will get results, you will get rewarded. And Bumrah has been rewarded for the things he has done in past few years,” Rohit said.
‘Focussed and disciplined’
Rohit described Bumrah as a disciplined cricketer. “He has played with me in Mumbai and I have only seen him grow every game. Every series that he has played he has come up [with] new strategies, new plans. It is good to see he has matured as a bowler now. He understands what he needs to do and what the team expects out of him. He is very focussed and disciplined in terms of his work ethic.”
- NBA roundup: Cavs’ Max Strus hits half-court winner at buzzer
- Uday Saharan wins Emerging Hero award at the Sportstar ‘Focus Punjab’ Conclave
- WPL 2024: Royal Challengers Bangalore looks to maintain win-streak as it faces Delhi Capitals
- Brigadier Harcharan Singh honoured with Sportstar Hero Unsung Champion award at ‘Focus Punjab’ Sports Conclave
- Punjab’s sports policy unparalleled in the country, says Sports Minister Gurmeet Singh Meet Hayer