Pakistan fast bowler Hasan Ali and all-rounder Faheem Ashraf were ruled out of next week’s first Test against Australia due to injuries.
Hasan and Ashraf have not recovered from adductor and hamstring injuries, respectively, which they sustained during the Pakistan Super League.
The first Test will be played at Rawalpindi from March 4-8.
The Pakistan Cricket Board said Sunday both players are expected to regain fitness in time for the second Test, starting at Karachi from March 12.
Fast bowler Mohammad Wasim and all-rounder Iftikhar Ahmed, who is also a handy off-spinner, have replaced the injured duo for the first Test and will join the squad later Sunday.
Earlier on Sunday, Australia arrived for its first bilateral series in Pakistan since 1998 and will play three Test matches, three one-day internationals and a one-off Twenty20 during its six-week tour.
- Du Plessis hints at return to international cricket ahead of T20 World Cup
- Men’s Volleyball Club World C’ship 2023: All you need to know, preview, schedule, live streaming info
- Bangladesh vs New Zealand LIVE Score updates, 2nd Test Day 1: Latest scorecard, match streaming info
- Glenn Maxwell vows to play IPL until he ‘can’t walk anymore’
- IND-W vs ENG-W Live Streaming Info, 1st T20I: When and where to watch India Women vs England Women T20 series 2023?