New Zealand has called up uncapped wicketkeeper Tom Blundell for their final Twenty20 against Bangladesh after Luke Ronchi was injured.
The Black Caps won the second T20I by 47 runs on Friday to clinch the series, but lost Ronchi as he suffered a tear to his right adductor. Ronchi is now expected to be out for four to six weeks, and, although Tom Bruce filled in after the injury, Blundell will now join the squad.
"Tom, along with George Worker, will play in the [Super Smash] Grand Final before linking up with us after the game tomorrow [Saturday] night," coach Mike Hesson confirmed. "They'll both be eligible for Sunday's third and final T20.
"Tom Bruce filled in admirably with the gloves today and could be an option for us behind the stumps going forward."
Worker joins the squad to replace Neil Broom, who is out with a fractured finger.
- WPL 2024: Sajana smashes last ball six as Mumbai Indians seals dramatic opener vs Delhi Capitals
- MI vs DC Highlights, WPL 2024: Last-ball six from Sajana clinches thriller for Mumbai Indians
- Dubai Championships 2024: Qualifier Kalinskaya upsets World No. 1 Swiatek, faces Paolini in final
- ISL 2023-24: Bipin grabs brace as Mumbai City cruises to win against Chennaiyin
- Manchester United to play Arsenal in one of FIFA World Cup 2026 venues during pre-season