Chennai Super Kings will take on Royal Challengers Bangalore at the M.A. Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai in the inaugural fixture of Indian Premier League (IPL) 2019, on March 23. The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) on Tuesday announced the schedule for the first two weeks, which is 17 matches — keeping the general elections in mind.
"Once the dates for the Lok Sabha elections are announced, we will decide on the future course of action and come up with the fixture for the remainder of the tournament," a BCCI official told Sportstar.
In this two weeks — each team will be playing minimum of four matches with the exception being Delhi Capitals and Royal Challengers Bangalore, who would be playing five matches. Every team will play minimum of two home and two away matches with Delhi playing three home matches, while RCB will play three away matches.
"It is not possible to come out with a complete fixture without knowing what the dates for general elections are. We are in touch with all concerned authorities. Once we get clarity, the remaining fixture can be discussed," the official said.
The final of IPL 2019 is also scheduled to be played in Chennai as the Chennai Super Kings won the 11th edition of the cash-rich league.
This will be the first time that the league will be played without a chairman as the Supreme Court-appointed Committee of Administrators (CoA) disbanded all committees and sub-committees after the registration of the new constitution.
There were not much clarity earlier on whether Jaipur and Mohali will remain as home grounds for Rajasthan Royals and Kings XI Punjab, but for the first phase, both the venues will host matches.
- Al Shabab vs Al Nassr LIVE updates, SHB 0-0 NAS, Saudi Pro League: First-half underway, Ronaldo and Co start as favourites
- Gujarat Giants vs Mumbai Indians Live Score, WPL 2024: Harmanpreet Kaur takes MI close to second win on the trot
- Chelsea vs Liverpool Carabao Cup 2023-24 final LIVE Score: CHE 0 - 0 LIV, EFL League Cup updates, match into extra-time
- ISL 2023-24: Diamantakos strikes twice as Blasters pull off stunning comeback win
- Carabao Cup final, CHE vs LIV: Why was Van Dijk goal disallowed in Liverpool vs Chelsea?