Dale Steyn, on Sunday night, turned back the clock when he got rid of Chennai Super Kings opener Shane Watson and No. 3 Suresh Raina off consecutive deliveries in the first over of the visiting side's run chase.
The 35-year old is in the Bangalore side as a replacement for injured Australian pacer Nathan Coulter-Nile. This is Steyn's second match for RCB this season.
Steyn, who is making a return to the IPL after three years, last played for Gujarat Lions in 2016, turning out in just one match. The South African had played 28 matches for RCB between 2008 and 2010, picking up 27 wickets.
Steyn had pulled out of IPL 2017 auction as he recovered from a career-threatening shoulder injury and subsequently went unsold in the 2018 and 2019 auctions.
Latest on Sportstar
- IND vs AUS, WTC Final: Australia on top after India’s top-order collapse on Day 2
- WTC Final - IND v AUS Day 2: Advantage Australia as India fights to avoid follow-on, top order fails
- India vs Japan, Women’s Junior Asia Cup 2023 Semifinal on June 10: Preview, streaming info
- Man City, Inter Milan meet in Champions League final of contrasting club history
- After missing out on Messi, Saudis give Benzema gala welcome