Sunrisers Hyderabad on Sunday became the first team in IPL history to qualify for the playoffs with 12 points. There was a two-way race for the fourth spot between Hyderabad and Kolkata Knight Riders but Mumbai Indians' nine wicket victory over KKR at the Wankhede Stadium ended Kolkata's hopes.
Sunrisers' passage to the IPL playoffs hinged on results elsewhere after it lost to Royal Challengers Bangalore by four wickets in its final league match at the M. Chinnaswamy Stadium on Saturday.
Chennai Super Kings, Delhi Capitals and Mumbai Indians are the other teams to qualify into the last four.
Mumbai and Chennai were in a fight for top-two finish and the latter, despite losing its last league match against Kings XI in Mohali, will play in the first qualifier at home after it ensured Punjab did not chase down 171 in 14.4 overs.
- Gujarat Giants’ Sayali Satghare becomes first-ever concussion substitute in WPL history
- WPL 2024: Dominant Delhi Capitals hands Gujarat Giants fourth straight loss
- Premier League 2023-24: Foden brace helps Man City win Manchester Derby 3-1 over United after dream comeback
- Women’s Super League: Title-chasing Arsenal beats Tottenham 1-0 as Alessia Russo scores
- Delhi Open: Geoffrey Blancaneaux claims second challenger title after commanding win over Wong in final