Delhi Capitals occupies the second place in the Indian Premier League (IPL) points table and is one win away from sealing a place in the playoffs. It’s been a big turnaround for a club that has struggled to match up with the heavyweights in the last few years.
This season, struggles at home seemed to impede the side’s progress even as it ensured a successful away run. According to Shikhar Dhawan, the opener, pitches at the Ferozeshah Kotla took time getting used to.
“Delhi pitches this time are not like the typical T20 pitches. It’s not easy to make big scores. It takes time getting used to and it’s important to understand the pitch. We showed character to win [against Kings XI Punjab] after a string of losses at [home],” Dhawan said at a promotional event organised by APL Apollo Tubes Limited , a sponsor of the club, on Friday.
Looking ahead to contesting the upcoming Cricket World Cup 2019, he said, “I’m enjoying this tournament (the IPL). I’m happy with the way I’m performing for Delhi Capitals. There is no special planning from my side [for the World Cup]. I have been playing [One-Day Internationals] for a long time.”
Prithvi Shaw, Axar Patel, Trent Boult, and Amit Mishra were the other members of the entourage of players that were present in the event.
Manimeghlai and Shruti, two differently-abled women cyclists who won medals at the Special Olympics last month, were felicitated. Manimeghlai had won the gold-medal while Shruti had won the silver.
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE Updates, October 1: Men’s badminton final in progress; IND 1-1 KOR in women’s hockey; Chenai wins trap bronze - Hangzhou 2022 Scores
- From 1975 to 2019: How umpiring has evolved with World Cups
- India vs China Badminton LIVE Score men’s team final, Asian Games 2023: Lakshya leads 12-8 vs Shi Yuqi; Hangzhou updates
- India vs Korea women’s hockey LIVE Updates, Asian Games 2023: IND equals 1-1 KOR after third quarter
- Asian Games 2023: HS Prannoy to miss men’s team final due to back injury - reports