Suresh Raina is leading the Chennai Super Kings in MS Dhoni's absence. Raina last led an IPL side in the 2016 and 2017 editions of the T20 league, playing for the now defunct Gujarat Lions. He led Gujarat to the qualifiers in his first stint, recording nine wins and five losses.
However, the franchise had a poor run the next year, winning just four while losing 10 matches finishing seventh in the points table.
Raina struck 399 runs including three fifties in 2016 and 442 in 2017 with three half-centuries.
FOLLOW| IPL 2019, SRH vs CSK Live Score
The second highest run-getter in the IPL was forced to cast off the famous yellow jersey of the CSK for IPL seasons 9 and 10 after the franchise was suspended for two years. “It’s like moving house where you have lived for eight years. I learned a lot of things from the seniors at CSK. Gujarat Lions will be the new house; it’s difficult and it will be a challenge," Suresh Raina had said at the time.
- WPL 2024: Asha’s five-wicket haul helps RCB defeat UP Warriorz in a thriller
- IND vs ENG, 4th Test: Bashir’s exploits, under Nostradamus Stokes, leave India in tatters
- Musheer Khan hits maiden double-century for Mumbai in Ranji Trophy quarterfinal against Baroda
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24 quarterfinals: Anubhav, Kartikeya hand Madhya Pradesh first-innings lead against Andhra on Day 2
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24 quarterfinals: Musheer Khan’s double-century puts Mumbai in strong position on Day 2