Suresh Raina, on Saturday, became the first batsman to breach the 5000-run mark in the IPL. He got to the milestone with a single. Raina has 5000 runs from 177 matches at a strike-rate of 138.15 including 35 fifties and one hundred. A vital part of the Chennai Super Kings line-up, Raina's lone century came against the Kings XI Punjab in 2013.
His 53-ball 100 was studded with seven boundaries and six sixes. A year later, the flamboyant southpaw clubbed a stunning 62-ball-109 at the M. Chinnaswamy Stadium to guide Chennai Super Kings to its second title in the now-defunct Champions League T20.
- Al Nassr vs Al Hazem LIVE score Saudi Pro League: NAS 0-0 HAZ; Ronaldo suspended, match kicks off
- German Open: Jolly-Gayatri advance to quarterfinals
- RCB-W vs DC-W Highlights WPL 2024: Delhi Capitals beats Royal Challengers by 25 runs
- Indian sports wrap, February 29
- Man United manager Ten Hag demands apology from Fulham for Fernandes video