Shattering records is nothing new for the Royal Challengers Bangalore skipper. Although his team is yet to taste success in IPL 2019, Kohli got his name registered on another elite list.
After becoming the fastest batsman to reach the 5000-run mark in IPL against Mumbai Indians at the M. Chinnaswamy Stadium on March 28 from 164 matches, Kohli on Friday completed 8000 runs in Twenty20 cricket, which includes runs for his domestic and franchise teams along with India.
He reached the landmark by whipping Kolkata Knight Riders pacer Lockie Ferguson to the midwicket fence for a boundary.
Kohli is seventh on the list of all-time leading run-scorers in T20 cricket, with Suresh Raina the only Indian batsman ahead of him with 8110 runs.
Incidentally, Kohli also overtook Raina, on Friday, to become the leading run-getter in the league with a delightful 84 off 49 balls, taking his tally to 5110.
- Milan’s Jovic hit with two-match ban for hitting opponent
- Long jump trial planned to eliminate foul jumps
- World Team Table Tennis Championships: India women beat Spain, advance to Round of 32
- IND vs ENG, 4th Test: Jasprit Bumrah released from squad; KL Rahul ruled out due to injury
- PVL 2024: Chennai Blitz gets winning momentum back, thrashes Kochi Blue Spikers