Chris Morris went for an IPL auction record price of Rs. 16.25 crores to the Rajasthan Royals on Thursday. The South African all-rounder attracted the highest-ever bid in the Indian Premier League history. Morris pipped Yuvraj Singh's the then record Rs 16 crore contract with the Delhi Daredevils (now Delhi Capitals) in 2015. Mumbai Indians (MI), Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) and Punjab Kings (PK) engaged in a bidding war for Morris and his price shot up from his base price of Rs 75 Lakh.
Morris, who featured for the RCB last season, has been out of action since November, 2020.
FOLLOW LIVE AUCTION:
A T20 veteran of 218 matches, Morris is known in the circuit for his excellent death bowling options besides being a powerful bat in the lower-order.
Morris will feature in his eighth successive IPL season since 2013 and has 551 runs and 80 wickets to his name in 70 matches.
The 33-year-old has previously featured for the Chennai Super Kings, Delhi Capitals before being picked for Rs 10 crore by RCB last season.
Latest on Sportstar
- Champion Napoli ends season with 2-0 win over bottom side Sampdoria
- Benzema scores on farewell but Real held at home by Bilbao
- RMA 1-1 ATH; La Liga Highlights: Benzema goal helps Real Madrid secure draw against Athletic Bilbao
- Saudi Arabia’s Al Ittihad to sign Benzema on two-year deal - Saudi state media
- Karim Benzema scores in his final game for Real Madrid