Mayank Agarwal was signed by Sunrisers Hyderabad for Rs 8.25 crore at the IPL 2023 auction in Kochi on Friday.
Punjab Kings and Royal Challengers Bangalore were involved in the opening bids for the batter. The player’s base price was Rs. 1 crore.
Chennai Super Kings then entered the race with a Rs 3 crore bid as three teams vied for the opening batter. Sunrisers Hyderabad also joined in with a bid of Rs. 4 crores. Both teams remained locked in bids, before SRH roped him in.
Agarwal was released by Punjab Kings one season after it retained him for Rs 14 crore. He played for the franchise since 2018, and had captained the side in 2022.
Agarwal has also played for Rising Pune Supergiant, Delhi Daredevils and Royal Challengers Bangalore. In 113 games in the IPL, Agarwal has scored 2,331 runs at a strike rate of 134.51. Agarwal had scored a century in the 2020 edition against Rajasthan Royals.
In T20s, Mayank averages 25.77 at a strike rate of 134.57.
- FIFA World Cup 2026 Qualifiers: Manvir goal guides India to 1-0 win against 10-man Kuwait
- India vs Kuwait highlights, IND 1-0 KWT, FIFA World Cup 2026 Qualifier: Manvir’s solitary goal gets three points for Blue Tigers
- Liechtenstein vs Portugal LIVE Score, LIE V POR, Euro 2024 qualifiers: Cristiano Ronaldo starts, lineups and updates
- FIFA World Cup 2026 qualifiers points table LIVE: AFC standings after India vs Kuwait, Pakistan bottom of Group G
- Djokovic beats Hurkacz at ATP Finals but semis hopes hinge on Sinner