Ajinkya Rahane exited Kolkata Knight Riders’ bio-bubble on Monday after sustaining a Grade III hamstring injury during the Indian Premier League. The batter will miss the remainder of the tournament and is set to be ruled out of India’s tour of England.
Rahane sustained the injury during Kolkata Knight Riders’ fixture against Sunrisers Hyderabad in Pune, and he will have to report to the National Cricket Academy for rehabilitation.
Rahane, who was dropped for India’s Test series against Sri Lanka, had a rather disappointing IPL, scoring just 133 runs. The national selection committee is likely to meet next week to pick the squads for the T20I series against South Africa and India’s tour of Ireland and England.
- AIFF president reiterates commitment to protect integrity of the game
- India starts with 12-0 thrashing of Canada in FIH Women’s Junior World Cup
- Champions League 2023: Man Utd have to be ‘smarter’, says Fernandes
- France 2030, Salt Lake City 2034 are preferred Winter Games bids - IOC
- Champions League: Ten-man Braga keep last-16 hopes alive, Real Sociedad held by Salzburg