David Warner broke Chris Gayle's record for most half-centuries in T20 cricket during an IPL 2022 match between Delhi Capitals and his old franchise Sunrisers Hyderabad at the Brabourne Stadium on Thursday. He reached his 50 with a four, off 34 balls.
The Delhi opener slammed his 89th half-century to go past Chris Gayle, who has 88 half-centuries to his tally. They are followed by Virat Kohli (77), Aaron Finch (70) and Rohit Sharma (69) in the top five.
The 35-year-old also leads the list in the IPL with 54 fifties from 158 innings.
Overall, Chris Gayle leads the charts with the most fifty-plus scores (110), adding 22 hundreds to his 88 fifties. Warner, who has eight centuries to his name, is second on the table with 97 fifty-plus scores.
- Serie A 2023-24: Juventus goes top with late Gatti winner at Monza
- NBA 2023-24: Magic tie team record with ninth straight win
- Pro Kabaddi League 2023 schedule PDF- UP Yoddhas match fixtures, squad analysis, all you need to know
- Frenchman Arthur Fils into Next Gen final
- IND vs AUS: Axar Patel “was a bit upset” on missing out on ODI World Cup due to injury