Former captain of Indian under-19, Priyam Garg, has been named as the replacement for Kamlesh Nagarkoti in the Delhi Capitals side in the Indian Premier League (IPL), the team announced on Sunday.
Delhi Capitals (DC) fast bowler Kamlesh Nagarkoti is ruled out of the remainder of TATA IPL 2023 after sustaining a lower back stress fracture.
“Uttar Pradesh batter Priyam Garg has been named as Nagarkoti’s replacement and DC have signed him for his base price of INR 20 lakh. The attacking batter was first picked by Sunrisers Hyderabad in 2020 and featured in 14 IPL games for SRH across three seasons,” DC said in a statement.
After leading India to the finals in the under-19 World Cup three years ago, Garg was bought by Sunrisers Hyderabad for 1.9 crore rupees and and scored 251 runs in his debut IPL campaign, including a half-century.
- Live Score IND vs WI 2nd Test, Day 4: Chanderpaul, Blackwood rebuild after Ashwin takes two
- They didn’t even try playing shots, Mhambrey on West Indies batters
- Hopman Cup: Croatia downs Switzerland to clinch title
- Jonas Vingegaard wins second successive Tour de France
- Wrestling trials for Asian Games: Upsets galore show past has little influence on the present