Royal Challengers Bangalore fast bowler Josh Hazlewood is set to miss the initial stages of the Indian Premier League beginning in Ahmedabad on Friday.
According to a report in cricket.com.au, Hazlewood is, however, hopeful of playing a part in the later stages of the T20 tournament.
The 32-year-old is currently recovering from an Achilles problem which kept him out of the Border-Gavaskar Trophy in India.
Hazlewood will consult Cricket Australia’s medical staff before deciding on his participation in the IPL, the report said.
In another big development, all-rounder Glenn Maxwell, who missed Australia’s final two ODIs against India earlier this month, is also doubtful for RCB’s opening game against Mumbai Indians on April 2 in Bengaluru as he is yet to recover from a leg injury.
Australia national selector George Bailey said Maxwell, who broke his leg in a freak accident last November, found the comeback to ODI “more demanding than he had expected”.
Latest on Sportstar
- WTC Final 2023: I think India can win in any condition, says Hussain
- PKL 10: Gujarat Giants hopes to scout best young players, says coach Ram Mehar Singh
- PGA Tour players call for Jay Monahan’s resignation after merger
- IND vs AUS WTC Final, London weather update LIVE: Will it rain today at the Oval during Day 1 of India vs Australia match?
- Fiorentina vs West Ham, LIVE streaming info: Predicted 11, form, when and where to watch UEFA Conference League final