Royal Challengers Bangalore fast bowler Josh Hazlewood is set to miss the initial stages of the Indian Premier League beginning in Ahmedabad on Friday.
According to a report in cricket.com.au, Hazlewood is, however, hopeful of playing a part in the later stages of the T20 tournament.
The 32-year-old is currently recovering from an Achilles problem which kept him out of the Border-Gavaskar Trophy in India.
Hazlewood will consult Cricket Australia’s medical staff before deciding on his participation in the IPL, the report said.
In another big development, all-rounder Glenn Maxwell, who missed Australia’s final two ODIs against India earlier this month, is also doubtful for RCB’s opening game against Mumbai Indians on April 2 in Bengaluru as he is yet to recover from a leg injury.
Australia national selector George Bailey said Maxwell, who broke his leg in a freak accident last November, found the comeback to ODI “more demanding than he had expected”.
- Real Madrid comes from behind to beat Real Sociedad in La Liga
- Duplantis, Tsegay topple records at Eugene Diamond League
- Jinson Johnson looks to exorcise ghosts of the past at Asian Games 2023
- Video: Postecoglou’s passionate plea on mental health in football
- Ten Hag oversees Man United’s worst start - looking back at the Red Devils’ past seasons after the Ferguson era