Lucknow Super Giants (LSG) has named batter Karun Nair as the replacement for KL Rahul, who has been ruled out of the IPL 2023 season after picking up an injury against Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB).
Armed with a wealth of IPL experience spanning multiple franchises, Karun has 1,496 runs to his name in the competition. A technically sound batter, Karun is part of an elite list to have scored a triple-hundred in Tests in what was only his third match.
Having racked up almost 6,000 runs in the domestic circuit at an average of 50, Karun is determined to make an instant impact in IPL 2023.
Speaking on joining LSG for the season, he said, “Really happy to be joining the Super Giants. I wish KL a speedy recovery and hope he comes back stronger. Look forward to meeting my teammates very soon and contributing to the team”.
LSG currently sits second on the points table with five wins, one no result, and four losses. With Karun in the squad, it will be looking to cement a playoffs position in the coming weeks.
Latest on Sportstar
- Cerundolo downs Fritz to reach second week of slam for first time
- Nuggets coach says ‘We haven’t done a damn thing’ in NBA Finals
- Haddad Maia becomes first Brazilian woman to reach French Open last 16 in 44 years
- Fan arrested for ‘97’ slogan on shirt
- Ten Hag’s United “broken” after FA Cup final loss to Manchester City