England opener Jason Roy has pulled out of the 2022 edition of the Indian Premier League. New franchise Gujarat Titans had bought the batter for his base price of Rs 2 crore at the auction.
Roy informed the Ahmedabad franchise about his decision last week, and a replacement is yet to be named.
The reason for his unavailability is the extended bio-bubble stay, which would have kept him away from his family, which includes his newborn baby, for more than two months.
This is the second time Roy pulled out of an IPL season. He had missed the 2020 edition due to personal reasons after being bought for Rs 1.5 crore by Delhi Capitals.
Roy was the best batter for Quetta Gladiators in the Pakistan Super League. He scored two fifties and a hundred at a strike rate of 170.22.
The 15th edition of the IPL will start from March 26.
- Du Plessis hints at return to international cricket ahead of T20 World Cup
- Men’s Volleyball Club World C’ship 2023: All you need to know, preview, schedule, live streaming info
- Bangladesh vs New Zealand LIVE Score updates, 2nd Test Day 1: Latest scorecard, match streaming info
- Glenn Maxwell vows to play IPL until he ‘can’t walk anymore’
- IND-W vs ENG-W Live Streaming Info, 1st T20I: When and where to watch India Women vs England Women T20 series 2023?