Gujarat Titans’ Kane Williamson hurt his right knee trying to save a boundary against the CSK in the IPL 2023 season opener on Friday.
Williamson was trying to intercept a shot from Ruturaj Gaikwad and landed awkwardly. He was seen wincing in pain and had to be helped out of the ground.
There’s no official word on his injury yet but it does look like Williamson could be ruled out for a few games.
Williamson, who was the Sunrisers Hyderabad captain, was one of 12 players released by the franchise following its eighth-place finish in IPL 2022. Gujarat Titans then signed him for Rs 2 crore.
Latest on Sportstar
- WTC Final: Rahane stands at crossroads in his comeback Test
- Ravi Dahiya pulls out of from Bishkek Ranking Series after injury during warmup
- Mbappe targets Ligue 1 scoring record with PSG next season
- Sanjivani Jadhav finishes second in women’s 10,000m at Portland Track Festival
- WTC Final 2023: Cameron Green hopes to bring in Rohit Sharma’s calmness in title clash