The Indian Premier League has witnessed the best of cricketing veterans giving the youngsters a run for their money over the course of 15 seasons.
Here's a look at the oldest batters in IPL history to amass fifty-plus scores (as of April 14, 2022):
Only the batters’ last fifty-plus score is mentioned in the above table.
In all, there have been 10 instances of fifty-plus scores by the players as mentioned above. Gilchrist has two scores of fifty-plus after the age of 40, while Gayle has three, Dravid four, and now MSD has one!
Gilchrist, then aged 40y-185d, made an unbeaten 64 for KXIP against CSKS in Dharamsala on May 17, 2012 to become the first IPL batter to register a fifty-plus score after the age of 40.
- Stats by Mohandas Menon
- Siddarth Kaul: Winning in white-ball cricket but missing out in red ball doesn’t discredit the players’ skills
- I-League: Sreenidi Deccan takes on Mohammedan Sporting Club in potential title decider
- Hockey India: Statements by outgoing officials claiming divisions within the organisation are not correct
- Treesa Jolly and Gayatri Gopi Chand - Double(s) delight for Indian badminton
- NBA roundup: Cavs’ Max Strus hits half-court winner at buzzer