Virat Kohli equalled the record for scoring the most number of fifty-plus scores at a single venue in T20 cricket during the IPL 2023 match against Lucknow Super Giants at the M. Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru.
Kohli notched up his 24th score of fifty or more at the venue following his 35-ball half-century and equalled Alex Hales’ record, who has the same number of fifty-plus scores in T20s at Trent Bridge in Nottingham.
The 34-year-old was finally dismissed for a 44-ball 61 by leg-spinner Amit Mishra. Kohli’s 96-run opening stand with skipper Faf du Plessis was instrumental in laying the platform for RCB’s 212 for two.
The former RCB skipper has scored 21 fifties and three hundreds at the M. Chinnaswamy Stadium. The venue has been a happy hunting ground for Kohli in the IPL as he has scored 2,489 runs here, including 18 fifties and three hundreds. In Twenty20 Internationals, Kohli has just one fifty in five matches. Two of his fifties at the ground came during the Champions League T20 in 2011.
VIRAT KOHLI STATS AT M. CHINNASWAMY STADIUM IN T20s
|Tournament||Matches||Runs||Average||Strike Rate||Highest Score||100s/50s|
|Indian Premier League||77||2489||38.29||139.67||113||3/18|
|Champions League T20||9||300||42.85||157.06||84*||0/2|
- US Open 2023, Day Five Results: Djokovic, Swiatek through to round of 16, Rybakina loses
- Ronaldo, Mane on target as Al Nassr thumps Al Hazem 5-1 in Saudi Pro League match
- Durand Cup 2023 final : East Bengal, Mohun Bagan SG ready for clash of titans in Kolkata derby
- HAZ 1-5 NAS highlights, Saudi Pro League: Ronaldo, Mane, Otavio among the goals as Al Nassr registers third consecutive win
- Updated squads of top-six Premier League teams after 2023 summer transfer window