Chennai Super Kings was involved in yet another six-hitting feast when it took the field against Royal Challengers Bangalore on Wednesday. The match at the Chinnaswamy Stadium saw the most number of sixes (33) hit in an Indian Premier League game.
When Dwayne Bravo smacked Corey Anderson over long-off in the final over, CSK broke its own record for the most sixes in an IPL game.
While RCB recorded 16 hits over the fence, CSK edged it when M.S. Dhoni sealed the match with the 17th one over the fence.
Earlier, the most sixes hit in an IPL game was 31, a joint-record achieved in matches between CSK and Kolkata Knight Riders on April 10 this year, and Delhi Daredevils and Gujarat Lions in 2017.
This was also the only instance RCB has lost a match at the Chinnaswamy Stadium after posting a score over 200 on the board.
- Prannoy, Lakshya withdraw from Syed Modi International 2023
- Hockey Nationals 2023: Defending champions Haryana to face Punjab in the final
- Ravi Shastri sees India as ‘serious’ title contender for 2024 T20 World Cup
- Mohun Bagan Super Giant vs Odisha FC Highlights, AFC Cup: MBSG 2-5 OFC, Juggernauts beat Mariners to stay second
- AFC Cup 2023-24: Odisha FC picks Mohun Bagan Super Giant apart in its own den