Gujarat Titans pacer Mohammed Shami took four wickets in the PowerPlay against Delhi Capitals to put his side in control at the Narendra Modi Stadium on Tuesday.
Shami’s PowerPlay figures (4/7) are the second-best by a bowler in IPL, only behind Ishant Shamra’s 5/12 for Deccan Chargers against Kochi Tuskers Kerala in 2012.
Shami became the seventh bowler in the history of the tournament to take four wickets in the opening six overs of a game.
The right-handed quick began by removing DC opener Phil Salt with the first ball of the game. This was the third time he has got a wicket in the first ball of a game, the most by any bowler in the tournament.
Shami’s PowerPlay figures (4/7) is the second-best by a bowler in IPL, only behind Ishant Shamra’s 5/12 for Deccan Chargers against Kochi Tuskers Kerala in 2012.
This was also his best-ever figures in IPL and also takes him to the top of the pile of the Purple Cap race.
MORE TO FOLLOW
- Hyderabad to host Indian Racing League season two opener with expansive plans ahead
- India vs Sri Lanka LIVE Score, Asia Cup 2023 Super 4: SL needs 213 to win vs IND; Bumrah gets Nissanka early
- Estadio Hernando Siles: A challenge for Messi and Argentina against Bolivia in FIFA World Cup qualifier
- Peru vs Brazil LIVE streaming info: When and where to watch World Cup qualifiers match?
- India vs Sri Lanka Colombo LIVE weather updates, Asia Cup 2023: Play resumes after rain delay