When Kolkata Knight Riders host Chennai Super Kings at the Eden Gardens on Thursday, KKR would be hoping to avenge its earlier defeat, a demoralising one, against CSK.
When the teams walk out to the middle, many eyes will be on Sunil Narine and Shane Watson. Both the players have been in terrific form with the bat and with the ball.
Narine has been opening the bowling and Watson would be keen to unsettle the bowler in no time, in a bid to get CSK off to a flyer.
Similarly, Narine would love to see the back of this man early and make further inroads in the star studded CSK lineup. With a century under Watson’s belt and an average of more than 35, Watson seems to have a slight edge over his rival in the batting department. With the ball, Watson’s 6 wickets, with a best of 2/29 would be hoping to come good to keep the West Indian player quiet.
Narine the batter can be dangerous too. He has the reputation of taking the attack to the opposition and has many a time been a thorn in the flesh for the opponents. He has scored 161 runs in 8 outings with a highest of 50, but it is his strike rate which makes him stand out from the rest. With the ball too Narine has taken 8 wickets with a best bowling figures of 3/18.
Latest on Sportstar
- Messi to leave PSG at the end of season, confirms Galtier
- French Open 2023, June 1 schedule: Swiatek, Rybakina play in second round
- Why is the England vs Ireland Lord’s Test a four-day game?
- From non-league to Premier League: How the Hatters of Luton Town scripted a comeback
- Three football training centres come up in Bhubaneswar