David Miller hammered the fastest T20 century, breaking his compatriot Richard Levi’s record, against Bangladesh on Sunday.
Reaching his century in 36 balls, Miller guided his team to 224-4 in 20 overs in the second T20 in Potchefstroom. The record of fastest T20 century earlier belonged to Levi, who achieved the feat against New Zealand in 45 balls. That was in 2012.
But on Sunday, Miller was dropped on duck off Rubel Hossain in the 11th over, and he used it his way to script history.
“It is a really special feeling. I tried to watch the ball and back myself. I was scratchy to be honest in the beginning and towards the back end it turned out to be sweet. Anything over 200 is good, good wicket here,” Miller said.
- Du Plessis hints at return to international cricket ahead of T20 World Cup
- Manchester United vs Chelsea: Top five Premier League clashes
- ISL 2023-24: Mohun Bagan Super Giant looks to avenge AFC Cup loss against Odisha FC
- Mohun Bagan Super Giant vs Odisha FC LIVE streaming info, ISL 2023-24: When, where to watch; Preview
- WATCH: Bangladesh’s Mushfiqur Rahim out handling the ball in second Test against New Zealand