Multan Sultans and Quetta Gladiators recorded the highest match aggregate ever in a T20 game in their Pakistan Super League (PSL) 2023 clash in Rawalpindi on Saturday.
Multan and Quetta totalled 515 runs in a match where the former eked out a nine-run win despite posting 262 for three - the highest total ever in the PSL.
The teams went past the 501-run mark set by Titans and Knights in a CSA T20 Challenge match in South Africa in October 2022.
Multan’s mammoth total, the first 250-plus score in the PSL, was set up on the back of uncapped opener Usman Khan’s 43-ball 120 which included 12 fours and nine sixes. Usman’s 36-ball century was the fastest in the league’s history.
The Gladiators’ chase was fuelled by half-centuries from Omair Yousuf (67 off 36) and Iftikhar Ahmed (53 off 31). However, Multan seamer Abbas Afridi recorded a hat-trick in the death overs to leave the Gladiators short of the finish line.
The frenetic game also saw Gladiators leg-spinner Qais Ahmed register figures of 2/77 in four overs - the third-worst spell ever in a T20 game. Ahmed also conceded nine sixes - the most by a bowler in any T20 match.
- World University Games Diary: A fortnight in Chengdu - Of medals, pins and hotpots
- World Athletics Championships 2023 LIVE, Day 5: India’s Annu Rani, Sreeshankar, Aldrin up in qualification round; Duplantis in pole vault action
- IND vs IRE Dream11 Prediction, 3rd T20I: India vs Ireland Playing 11 updates, fantasy picks, squads, live streaming info
- World Athletics Championships: As he arrives in Budapest, Neeraj Chopra gets his game face on
- Heath Streak on rumours of his demise: People should be a bit more careful