Netherlands cruised past Papua New Guinea by seven wickets in the final of the T20 World Cup qualifying tournament with Ben Cooper and Brandon Glover starring with bat and ball.
Both the Dutch and PNG had already made sure of their places at next year’s T20 World Cup in Australia along with Oman, Scotland, Namibia and Ireland with Saturday’s game at the Dubai International Stadium being played for classification purposes.
PNG struggled to 128 for 8 off their 20 overs with Glover taking 3-24 before the Dutch reached their target with six balls to spare after Cooper had made 41 off 33 balls.
Earlier, Ireland defeated Namibia by 27 runs in the third-place play-off.
- Siddarth Kaul: Winning in white-ball cricket but missing out in red ball doesn’t discredit the players’ skills
- Hockey India: Statements by outgoing officials claiming divisions within the organisation are not correct
- I-League: Sreenidi Deccan takes on Mohammedan Sporting Club in potential title decider
- Treesa Jolly and Gayatri Gopi Chand - Double(s) delight for Indian badminton
- NBA roundup: Cavs’ Max Strus hits half-court winner at buzzer