Afghanistan will face Pakistan in a three-match One-Day International series, starting on Tuesday, August 22. This will be the first ODI bilateral series against the two nations.
The two sides last met in the 2019 ODI World Cup, when Pakistan just managed to scramble over the line with a three-wicket win. Pakistan and Afghanistan has also met in the Asia Cup twice (2014 and 2018).
The series will serve as a opportunity for both teams to fine-tune their preparations ahead of the Asia Cup in Pakistan and Sri Lanka later this month and the ODI World Cup in India in October.
Here is a look at the head-to-head numbers and other stats in ODIs between Pakistan and Afghanistan:
AFG VS PAK HEAD-TO-HEAD IN ODIS
AFG VS PAK - HIGHEST AND LOWEST SCORES IN ODIS
MOST RUNS IN AFG VS PAK ODIS
|Asghar Afghan (AFG)||3||149||49.66||81.86||67|
|Babar Azam (PAK)||2||111||55.50||76.55||66|
MOST WICKETS IN AFG VS PAK ODIS
|Shaheen Afridi (PAK)||2||6||4.25||14.16||4/47|
|Shahid Afridi (PAK)||2||6||3.35||11.16||5/36|
|Mujeeb Ur Rahman (AFG)||2||4||3.35||16.75||2/33|
- Monfils reclaims Stockholm Open title after 12 years, becomes oldest champion in tournament history
- IND vs NZ, ICC World Cup 2023: Shami, the ultimate team man, returns with five-for in Dharamsala
- IND vs NZ, World Cup 2023: Shami-Bumrah-Siraj combo held us back a bit, says Daryl Mitchell
- Women’s Asian Champions Trophy 2023: Indian team arrives in Ranchi with focus on securing title
- IND vs NZ, ODI World Cup 2023: Enjoyed success of my teammates, no space for jealousy, says Shami on being left out