Prithvi Shaw’s debut innings for Northamptonshire was cut short by a strange hit-wicket dismissal against Gloucestershire in the Metro Bank One-Day Cup in England on Friday.
Paul van Meekeren bowled a fierce bumper and wiped out Shaw, who kicked his stumps on the way down. Northamptonshire was left on 54/6 after the right-hander was dismissed on 34.
Earlier, Shaw scored 65 off 39 balls in a warm-up inter-team match for Northamptonshire to start his campaign.
Shaw is currently being dropped from the Indian team after a string of average performance for the senior team.
- Ranji Trophy Plate Final: Biswa century not enough as Hyderabad nears title
- Mathews gives Sri Lanka unassailable 2-0 lead over Afghanistan in T20 series
- Traore, Diatta banned following Africa Cup of Nations outbursts
- Maha Open Challenger: Poonacha, Mukund advance to second round
- Oliver Glasner named as new Crystal Palace boss: club