Ganesh Satish's splendid double century (237, 397b, 25x4, 5x6) and a stodgy 87-run stand for the last wicket with Yash Thakur helped Vidarbha push Andhra on the back foot at the end of day three of the Ranji Trophy Elite Group-A match at Mulapadu Cricket Complex here on Wednesday.
That Thakur could score only two, remaining unbeaten off 39 balls, was a testimony to the way Satish farmed the strike even while essaying some stunning strokes. He whipped pacer Girinath Reddy past square-leg to become the sixth double centurion for Vidarbha in the Ranji Trophy.
As it happened| Ranji Trophy 2019-20, Round 1, Day 3
He was finally dismissed trying to go for a slog off slow bowler Naren Reddy, caught in the deep near the fence much to the relief of the Andhra camp.
For Andhra, left-arm pacer Cheepurapalli Stephen was the pick of the bowlers completing a five-wicket haul.
Satish’s brilliant batting display helped Vidarbha take a lead of 230 and in the second innings, Andhra lost openers D.B. Prasanth (17) and captain Hanuma Vihari (27) cheaply to finish the day on 100 for two.
- Newcastle smashes Sheffield United in 8-0 thrashing
- Tigst Assefa smashes women’s marathon world record in Berlin
- ISL 2023-24: Mumbai City FC beats NorthEast United FC 2-1
- Asian Games 2023: Chhetri and Jhingan turn coaches on field, guiding India into round of 16 in Hangzhou
- Chelsea trying to end goal drought after loss against Aston Villa