Rohit Sharma completed his 10th Test century during day two of the first Test between West Indies and India at Windsor Park in Roseau, Dominica on Thursday.
The century was the Indian captain’s third against West Indies and his first in the Caribbean.
Rohit drove a full-toss from debutant Alick Athanaze through the covers to bring up the milestone.
Rohit’s opening partner Yashasvi Jaiswal had also scored a century in the first innings, making it the seventh instance of both Indian openers scoring a century in the same innings in an away Test match.
Apart from the 10 centuries, Rohit also has 15 half-centuries to his name in 51 Test matches since his debut in 2013 against West Indies at the Eden Gardens.
Rohit has now scored four Test centuries while opening the batting for India in Test cricket. This was also his second century since being appointed captain of the Indian Test team after the South Africa series in 2022.
- Real Madrid vs Barcelona LIVE score, RMA 3-1 BAR, Spanish Super Cup final: Vinicius hat-trick keeps Los Blancos in control in second-half
- Angelo Mathews shines as Sri Lanka pulls off last ball win against Zimbabwe; Raza’s brilliance in vain
- FIH Women’s Olympic Qualifiers 2024: Determined Japan holds Germany to 1-1 draw; Chile dominates Czech Republic 6-0
- Real Madrid vs Barcelona: Head-to-head record, stats
- Kalinga Super Cup 2024: East Bengal edges past Sreenidi Deccan despite second half fightback