Stand-in India skipper Rohit Sharma did not take the field after injuring his calf while batting in the fifth T20 against New Zealand but teammate K Rahul Sunday said: “he should be fine in a couple of days“. Rahul captained the side in Rohit’s absence. Virat Kohli was rested in the final game of the series.
“Rohit Sharma is being assessed at the moment,” read an official update form the BCCI.
At the post-match presentation, Rahul said: “Rohit’s alright, unfortunate injury, hopefully, he should be fine in a couple of days”.
Rohit, batting at number three, was retired hurt after injuring his left calf while hitting a six. He walked off the field in discomfort. He faced 41 balls for his 60, hitting three fours as well as three sixes.
India plays the first game of the three-match ODI series on Wednesday.
- Milan’s Jovic hit with two-match ban for hitting opponent
- Long jump trial planned to eliminate foul jumps
- World Team Table Tennis Championships: India women beat Spain, advance to Round of 32
- IND vs ENG, 4th Test: Jasprit Bumrah released from squad; KL Rahul ruled out due to injury
- PVL 2024: Chennai Blitz gets winning momentum back, thrashes Kochi Blue Spikers