Snehasish Ganguly formally took over as the new president of the Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) at the annual general meeting of the state body here on Monday.
Naresh Ojha and Prabir Chakraborty also took charge as the secretary and treasurer along with other office-bearers, who were elected unopposed.
Mintu Das, Mahadeb Chakraborty, Dipak Kumar Singh, Mahesh Tekriwal, Niraj Kajaria, Srinjoy Bose, Kanchan Banerjee, Susanta Banerjee, Alif Parvej, Ardhendu Kumar Ghosh and Sudarshan Biswas were elected the apex council members.
The general body approved several proposals, including the one to continue the renovation work and upgradation of facilities at the Eden Gardens ahead of next year’s World Cup in India.
- India vs Netherlands Live Score, World Cup 2023: Kohli, Iyer begin rebuild after Rohit’s wicket - IND v NED match updates
- ICC World Cup 2023: England’s title defence unravels amid contentious selection calls, ageing squad and lack of game time
- India’s highest PowerPlay scores in World Cup 2023
- India wins 18 medals at Japan Para-Badminton International tournament
- Rohit Sharma completes 500 runs in World Cup 2023, equals Tendulkar record