Somerset has cancelled New Zealand all-rounder Corey Anderson’s contract for this year’s T20 Blast by mutual consent, the English county side announced on Friday.
Anderson, who has featured in 13 Tests, 49 ODIs and 31 T20Is for the Black Caps, had signed for all 14 group-stage matches , plus a potential quarterfinal for the Taunton-based club.
Somerset’s Director of Cricket, Andy Hurry said: “The last few months have not been an easy time for anyone and the challenges of dealing with the impact of the pandemic within cricket have been unprecedented.
“I would like to thank Corey and his representatives for their transparency and understanding in reaching this mutual decision. It’s obviously really disappointing news to everyone as there was a real buzz around Corey returning to Taunton, however this decision provides Corey and the Club with clarity in a time of uncertainty.”
Domestic cricket in England has been delayed until August 1 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Vijay Hazare Trophy LIVE Score, Round 6: Tripura beats Mumbai; TN defends 196 vs MP; Haryana beats Karnataka
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: Haryana beats Karnataka by five wickets, seals knockouts berth
- WI vs ENG Dream11 Prediction, 1st ODI: West Indies vs England predicted XI, fantasy tips, squads
- WI vs ENG Live Streaming Info, 1st ODI: When and where to watch England tour of West Indies 2023-24?
- NBA roundup: Clippers stuns Warriors after trailing by 22