The newly-appointed BCCI president Sourav Ganguly spoke to the media in Mumbai on Wednesday. He promised support to Virat Kohli and at the same time running the board with credibility.
"Virat Kohli is the most important person in Indian cricket," said the former Indian skipper.
"Will speak to him and Ravi Shastri soon. The way India is playing is amazing. The team has done exceptionally well recently. There are lot of Test venues. Need to sit with Kohli and clarify what he wants and then take it forward."
The 47-year-old became BCCI's 39th president. He promised a corruption-free tenure, saying he will run the world’s richest cricket body the same way he led the Indian team.
"It's an honour that I've been asked to take over as president. It's a new role. When I took up captaincy it was similar. I'll do it the way I know with no compromise on credibility and will work towards a corruption-free environment. Thats the way I lead India. I'm working with a very young group. We'll have to work extremely hard."
Asked about the speculation surrounding former captain MS Dhoni's future, who is on a sabbatical since India’s semifinal exit from the 2019 ICC World Cup earlier this year.
“Champions don’t finish very quickly. Till I am around, everybody will be respected,” Ganguly said.
- Europa League 2023-24: Liverpool powers into last 16, Brighton reaches knockouts
- Police injured after clashes with Legia fans at Aston Villa
- Europa League 2023-24: West Ham secures top-two finish after late win over Backa
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 5: Toss updates; Mumbai to bowl vs Saurashtra, TN faces Punjab
- IND vs AUS 4th T20I Dream11 Prediction: India vs Australia predicted playing XI, preview, squads