Flamboyant batsman Suryakumar Yadav will lead a 20-member Mumbai squad at the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy National T20 Championships, which will kick off the 2020-21 domestic season next month.
The Mumbai Cricket Association named its squad on Saturday.
Apart from Suryakumar, all regulars Aditya Tare, young batsman Yashasvi Jaiswal, Sarfaraz Khan, crisis-man Siddhesh Lad and all-rounder Shivam Dube have been named in the squad.
Pace duo of Dhawal Kulkarni and Tushar Deshpande will lead the bowling attack, which also comprises spinners Atharva Ankolekar and Shams Mulani.
The association said that all the selected players are required to undergo an RT-PCR test for COVID-19 and carry the negative report while reporting at the Wankhede Stadium on December 29.
The Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy will kick off the domestic seasons and domestic giants Mumbai will play its matches in Mumbai only.
- India vs England Live Score Updates, 4th Test Day 3: ENG 112/4, leads by 156 runs; Kuldeep gets Crawley after his fifty
- Fighting knock from fighter’s son: Dhruv Jurel walks in footsteps of father, a Kargil War veteran
- Ranji Trophy Live Score 2024 Quarterfinals Day 3 Updates: Saurashtra loses three vs TN; Mulani picks two in two vs Baroda
- Gopi Thonakal wins elite men’s race in New Delhi Marathon
- WPL 2024: UP Warriorz mentor Lisa Sthalekar impressed with team’s fielding after narrow defeat to RCB